Just some guy's blog

One peculiar corner of the web

Battlefront

More sanding and basing

I finished up resanding the bases of some of the 15mm US Airborne that I rebased the other day. I also sanded quite a few of the 15mm Battlefront and Plastic Soldier Company German troops. So this morning it was back at basing and I added another platoon of German riflemen and some more support weapons. I still need to assemble and base some mortars and HMG/MMG teams but once I do that I should have more than enough 15mm German troops.

Rebasing 15mm figures

The big task this weekend was to rebase some Battlefront US Airborne figures to make them easier to use with the Battleground rules. Flames of War uses a slightly ahistorical squad size for their armies. The Airborne figures are based in two stand squads with four figures per base and an MG team on one of the bases. This makes for an eight model squad with no distinct MG team. Battleground has the US Airborne deployed in nine man squads with a 3 man MG team.

So in order to get the Battlefront plastic US Airborne figures to work I needed to create five and four man rifle teams and three man MG teams. This required me to cut figures from some of the teams and then glue them to other bases. Not really difficult work but it took some time.

I should still be able to use the figures for Flames of War because it really seems as if the issue isn’t the correct number of models on a base but that the base is identifiable as a squad of troops.

As part of the process I had to chip away some of the sand from the bases so I will need to go back and rebase them prior to painting.

Just some guy's blog © 2014 Frontier Theme